Monday, September 23, 2013

Piña Colada Cupcakes

As I said in my last post, Septembers Cupcake was the Piña Colada Cupcake!!

My sister Katherine requested that I baked these for her Birthday. I was super stoked but scared out of my mind!! As always when I try a new "challenging" cupcake but I was ready for it. But then...I hurt my back. yea, perfect timing right? I was out for a good week. Katherine's birthday was approaching and it was still painful to stand but I was so determined to bake these cupcakes. Not only for my sister but for you...my faithful readers. So naturally I prayed and prayed that I would miraculously would be healed just in time for baking. I wasn't completely healed but was able to stand for a longer time and sitting became a lot more comfortable for me so that was enough for me and I didn't complain. I'll stop writing and will post these pictures then I will talk about the cake. 

                







So I tried something new and I used these super cute souffle cups. They were bigger than the mini cupcakes I've made but smaller than a regular cupcake. It was perfect.

Katherine loved them. She obviously ate more than she thought she would in the picture shown above. ha ha. One thing that she mentioned, which I agree, I need to figure out a way to really bring out the flavors. There were chunks of pineapple and small pieces of coconut in the cake. along with Malibu Rum. They were tasty. But I probably will 86 the coconut pieces and make the pineapple in finer pieces. I would add more Rum ha ha and maybe some coconut extract or something that will bring out the coconut flavor in another way. If that makes sense ha ha.

September is quickly coming to an end and I need to start thinking of Octobers cupcake! I'm thinking...something related to pumpkin?? maybe? ha ha don't know, come back to find out!

♥L

No comments:

Post a Comment