Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Cupcake Challenge

Alright. So here is the deal. Before my bestie left for Africa she made me promise her that I would bake a new cupcake every month that she is away. And blog about it. Which means, 10 new cupcakes and a guaranteed blog post every month for the next 10 months!! Crazy right? I can't let her down. Plus, I am thinking, maybe in return I will get a beautiful picture of some elephants or giraffes straight from Africa!? yes? maybe ha ha. Anywho...
I have already knocked out Augusts cupcake!

As part of Amys going away gift she requested Blueberry Cupcakes. And that is exactly what I gave her. Without further ado:  

Amy's African Blueberry Bliss Cupcakes

Tedious Blueberry Placements 
Finished Product, Sloppy Frosting

All Boxed Up, Ready to Go
These were Buttermilk Blueberry Cupcakes with Blueberry frosting topped with a fresh Blueberry. Amy was in heaven. She asked for blueberry and she got it ha ha. Why the buttermilk and not just a plane cake? well, her favorite pancakes are blueberry so I kind of just went off of that. I was not too happy with the way my piping turned out. see, I put in lemon zest with my frosting and it wasn't getting along with my tip and kept getting caught, thus making my piping come out all retarded. But it was okay.

Unfortunately, I underestimated my amount of blueberries that I placed in each cake. But, I heard they were still delicious. I made another batch of these cupcakes, a week after, for my church youth group. And I made sure there were plenty of blueberries in the cake ha ha. It took FOREVERRRR, but I did it. And I eighty-sixed the lemon zest, which made no difference in the taste, and my piping came out so much better!
Second Attempt!
I have no idea what my cupcake for September will be. I might ask my sister Katherine if she has any requests for her birthday. It's the 9th of September, and she is the one who usually gets me baking crazy cupcakes I think I could never do. She is the one who told me to make the Tres Leches Cupcakes...which in my opinion are my best so far. ugh, so delicious its not okay. As soon as I figure out what Septembers cupcake will be I will be sure to post about it. 

♥L

No comments:

Post a Comment