Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello, Peppermint.

Procrastination did not defeat me this time!

Decembers Cupcakes: Vanilla-Peppermint!

I had originally planned to bake these yesterday but, I decided the suspense of making them the last day of December would be funner (read: crazy stressful).Of course, I had to fight for kitchen use with my father, making Menudo and Chicharron for us. But I eventually got my time.

This recipe called for peppermint extract, and when ever I don't have a certain ingredient a part of me freaks out but the other part gets excited. especially when it comes to different extracts. The cake itself came out very good in my and my moms opinion. one thing that I did do was add a drop of pink food coloring to the batter. I felt like the cupcake would just be too white. The liners, the cake, the frosting. Pink cake added a nice touch to it and it complimented the little pieces of red in the crushed candy canes I garnished the cupcakes with. Frosting, I was satisfied with. Nice texture and it was easy to pipe. My mom on the other hand didn't like it. But from what I think I heard, my dad and Gabriel liked it.  I'm going to keep this post short since I haven't really sat down and spent time with my family since the Dick Clark's: New Year's Rockin Eve special started. Hope y'all had a great Christmas, last couple days of Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and a happy New Year's Eve. 



Sorry, this picture looked way better on my phone.
Recipe created by Candace Nelson, owner of Sprinkles Cupcakes

♥L

No comments:

Post a Comment